Do you have a thick beautiful lawn? Do you have a lawn that needs to look more beautiful, luscious, and healthy? Fall seeding, aeration and over seeding is a necessary to ensure the health of your lawn!
When should I aerate and seed my yard?
The best time for aeration is during the growing season, when the grass can heal and fill in any open areas or spots after soil plugs are removed. Typically, this is recommended from September through October. Therefore, aerating your lawn with cool season grass in the early spring or fall season and those with warm season grass in the late spring can do wonders for your lawn. Aeration and Fall Seeding are necessary to repair the wear and tear that summer damage has inflicted on your lawn. Now is the best time to rejuvenate your grass for a lawn you can be proud about and enjoy next spring.
Pro-Tip: Those warm-loving aggressive weeds are slow to germinate at this time of year so the little grass seedlings can flourish and get strong before winter arrives.
What are the benefits of Aeration and Seeding?
- Aeration loosens soil, reduces compaction – allowing grass roots to reach deep for water.
- Aeration penetrates soil allowing water, air & food to reach the roots while absorbed the soils needs.
- Aeration enhances seed germination. Seeds germinate easily in aerator holes while obtaining all they need for growth.
- Over seeding introduces new grass seed to fill-in thin areas and thicken existing grass.
- Over seeding builds resistance to insect damage, as well as grass disease.
- Aeration and over seeding reduces weeds which germinate in opportune weak areas so, a thick lawn is the best defense against weeds.
- Aeration and over seeding improves the beauty and enjoyment of the lawn, as well as keeping it healthy through winter.
Check out our Facebook for more tips on keeping your yard beautiful!
Family Owned and Operated for over 35 years.